The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for growing the business of current and new accounts in a designated territory for the entire ScaleReady platform. The TAM will lead and work closely with a dedicated territory team consisting of a Field Application Specialist (FAS) and Technical Account Associate (TAA). The TAM will also strategically collaborate with colleagues globally to support key accounts.
ScaleReady is a Joint Venture formed by Bio-Techne, Fresenius Kabi, and Wilson Wolf created to help enable T Cell Therapy to become the most significant advancement in cancer treatments to date. T Cell Therapy is demonstrating amazing clinical results by routinely saving patients with late stage cancer. Our mission is to ensure access to all in need by making the treatments as simple and cost effective as possible. Through our groundbreaking technological approach to manufacturing T Cell Therapies, we intend to make this happen.
We are seeking highly driven and competent people to join a dynamic team that is actively spearheading our mission to turn ScaleReady’s T Cell Therapy manufacturing technology into the Gold Standard for all involved in manufacturing T cells for these incredible cutting-edge therapies.
Simply put, you’ll be an essential part of a dynamic team that is leading the charge to improve cancer outcomes by using your exceptional ability to review and manage key information, capacity to multi-task, and outstanding interpersonal skills as an essential contributor to team goals.
As a TAM, you will interact with key opinion leaders from academia as well as industry leaders in biotech and pharma to provide resources and solutions to cell and gene therapy (CAGT) manufacturing workflows. As a person, you are outgoing, comfortable working autonomously and as part of a bigger team, and are committed to supporting the field of cell and gene therapy.
This dynamic team will work together to support the following existing products as well as other emerging products and services:
- G-Rex Cell Culture Platform
- LOVO Cell Processing System
- Cue Cell Processing System
- GMP Cytokines & ProDots
- Cloudz Activation Reagent
- ExCellerate Media
- TcBuster for non-viral gene editing
- Owning the development and implementation of account growth strategies in partnership with FAS and TAA counterparts by effectively deploying all available resources to achieve client and ScaleReady objectives and meeting sales goals.
- Leading customers through the ScaleReady proven process to ensure adoption targets are achieved.
- Teaching new clients, in a professional and technical manner, how the various products that comprise the ScaleReady cell therapy manufacturing platform portfolio impact the customer’s business.
- Tailoring recommendations for each customer based on their unique process by explaining and delivering technical presentations and value propositions for the relevant ScaleReady offerings.
- Developing and maintaining an intimate knowledge of customer manufacturing operations with an eye on opportunities to suggest improvements.
- Building strong relationships with customers through prompt written and verbal communication with customers and by managing important customer communication channels to provide ad hoc customer service via email, telephone, or video conferencing platforms.
- Promoting customer satisfaction by ensuring timely completion of quotes, proposals, inquiry responses, complaint handling, order processing, and after-sales support.
- Efficiently and creatively utilizing internal resources to become a trusted source of information to cell and gene therapy customers and prospective customers.
- Preparing and distributing, both internally and externally, highly important (and often confidential) documents while vigilantly practicing good data security practices.
- Accurately and tenaciously maintaining the ScaleReady customer relationship management instance (Salesforce.com) by chronicling customer interactions, events, and opportunities with the purpose of providing reports that demonstrate progress towards mission success.
- Ownership of case resolution processes for a wide range of requests, including quote requests, service requirements, and those related to quality issues or contracts which require expert coordination with the customer, the partner organization, and ScaleReady subject matter experts.
- Maintaining awareness of competitive products and their impact upon ScaleReady offerings.
- Strategically supporting clients based upon the latest technical publications in the field and effectively relying on FAS and TAA counterparts to stay current.
- Accurately forecasting customer demand across all portfolio products.
- Participating in the identification and selection of marketing opportunities, such as, trade shows, website & online promotions, advertising, technical brochures, user group meetings etc
- Attending industry tradeshows and conferences and professionally representing ScaleReady to current and future customers
- Traveling for customer site visits as needed in addition to potential travel for internal learning and development summits.
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences is required — preferably with basic knowledge of immunology and/or cell culture.
- 4 years of B2B sales experience with a proven track record of success. Individuals with less experience who can demonstrate a passionate interest for both the field and high acumen for technical product sales will be considered.
- Local to greater Minneapolis area (relocation assistance is offered).
- Experience with Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office products.
- ScaleReady is an essential business whose employees must maintain compliance with its COVID-19 vaccine policy as a condition of employment, subject to applicable state and federal law.
- Team player with an inherent desire to collaborate with others to make sure goals are achieved on time.
- Wired to operate with a sense of urgency at all times while remaining congenial.
- Authentic in day-to-day interactions by practicing credibility and honesty with those around while engaging with others to discover and share best practices.
- Tenacious desire to see things through to the finish. Willing to ask questions, seek options and work outside the usual limitations to attain extraordinary results.
- Possess the agility to take advantage of every opportunity and move easily from task to task in a high demand environment.
- Embody a unique blend of business, social, and technical acumen.
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and high social intelligence including excellent listening skills
- Strong ability to read, comprehend and interpret technical literature to be able to share key concepts with others
- Willingness to embrace training and do what it takes to become deeply knowledgeable about the technical and business elements of the field.